- This event has passed.
March Minnesota Knitters’ Guild Meeting
March 21 @ 7:00 pm - 9:00 pm
On the Bubble with Melissa Leapman
Explore the fun and easy ways colorful bubble techniques can elevate your knitting. Learn a couple of variations of the popular (and super easy!) bubble stitch.
This meeting is a workshop where we will be learning a new skill and knitting along. To participate please have the following supplies and do the homework in advance of the meeting.
- Members please download the handout available here. You must be signed in to access the page. We have had some questions about whether this is the correct handout. Melissa has confirmed it is & will go through it tonight. (Non-members will receive a link to the handout with their guest pass.)
- 2 swatches with yarn still attached
- various additional colors of worsted weight yarn;
- appropriate size needles
- sticky notes
Two swatches as follows:
- With smooth, dark colored worsted weight yarn and appropriate size needles, cast on 27 stitches. Work K1P1 Rib for 1″. Slip stitches onto a holder and bring to class with yarn still attached.
- With smooth, dark colored worsted weight yarn and appropriate size needles, cast on 21 stitches. Work K1P1 Rib for 1″. Slip stitches onto a holder and bring to class with yarn still attached.
With over 1400 designs in print, Melissa Leapman is one of the most widely-published American knit and crochet designers at work today. She’s worked with leading ready-to-wear design houses and is the author of several bestselling knit and crochet books including The Knit Stitch Pattern Handbook, Mastering Color Knitting, 6000+ Pullover Possibilities, Knitting the Perfect Fit, Melissa Leapman’s Indispensable Crochet Stitch Collection, and most recently, Knitting Modular Shawls. She is a sought-out speaker and teacher at national and international yarn events such as Vogue Knitting Live. She lives in New York City.