Our Mystery Mini Skeins are SOLD OUT! But you can still join the KAL starting in December. See all the details below & stay tuned for more as we get closer.
Everyone needs a little mystery in their lives! Help support the Guild and take a chance on one (or more!) of our Mystery Mini Sets. For those who like a little hint in their mysteries, we’ve grouped the skeins into some themes that might help you pick. (Remember these were made from lots of random donated yarn, so the themes are pretty loose.)
Each set contains 5 fingering weight mini skeins each weighing 20g. Each set is $20 which includes the cost of shipping, US orders only please. Skeins will be sent out by the end of October. Proceeds help support Guild activities such as hiring speakers, buying prizes, etc… throughout the year. You can purchase sets HERE. We have 39 sets to sell and the sale will go until we sell out or October 4th, whichever comes first.
The MKG Mini KAL
Let’s celebrate our minis with a KAL! Starting December 1st we’ll be knitting and spotlighting patterns to showcase your minis. Join in and share your final project at the February 16th, 2022 Guild meeting. We’ll give $25 gift certificates to the yarn store of the winner’s choice to the best project as picked by our members and one random winner from all the entrees.
Here are all the details…
1. KAL starts December 1st 2021. Take a picture of your mini set before you start knitting with it!
2. You do not need to use one of the Guild’s mystery mini sets to participate, but make sure to photograph the minis you are using.
3. Knit any project that uses at least two minis.
4. You can use as many minis as you like (don’t feel limited to 5!) and two other base color yarns. For example, you are making a shawl and have a base color that uses more than 100g and use minis as the pops of color.
5. Join in the conversation on Facebook, Instagram, or Ravelry. Use the hashtag #MKGminiskein
6. Send pictures of your finished item and your mini skein set for our February 16th Guild meeting. (details to come)